Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stay at Home Wife - Day 2 and 3

I feel like all I have done this week is errands!  Can I please just stay home and work on Jacobs room?  Please?

Tuesday, I went to get my car inspected because they didn't have enough time to do it on Monday.  (Virginia requires you to get your car inspected to make sure its quality or something...who knows.  I thinks its another way to get my $$$)  The inspection was at 10 and it took about an hour and a half.  It was then lunch and me and baby were hungry so we delayed our visit to the DMV and headed home for a yummy turkey sandwich.  After lunch I headed to a fabric store I found in town called FabU.  Super cute fabric.  All I need now is that sewing machine!!!!

After browsing for about an hour the fabric...I really don't know how I can spend so long somewhere and not buy a thing!  I headed to the DMV.  I was hoping the wait would be down after lunch but I was very wrong.  I first waited in line to get my number.  Which was about 10 minutes.  But they then told me I need my pass port or a birth certificate to get a license!  Okay, fine.  At least I didn't wait 30+ minutes just to get to the main counter and find this out.  I'll be back tomorrow then.

Wednesday I headed to the DMV first thing in the morning.  Got up, got pretty for my picture and was happy that I would not be visiting the DMV anymore after today.  WRONG AGAIN.  I got to the number getting counter and found out I need Dan to sign the license plate paper work in order to get VA plates.  Grrrrr.  Well, at least I can get my license today!  Since I went first thing in the morning I only waited about 10 minutes.  I should be getting my license in 7-10 business days.  ****Side note-They asked for my weight on the form I filled out!  What an unfair question to ask a 36 week pregnant lady!  I for sure lied and wrote my goal for after baby arrives!  LOL****

I also went shopping after my DMV adventure.  I got some baby stuff.  I think all I got was baby stuff.  Thats about how its has been lately and I'm guessing how its going to be in the future.  All baby and no stuff for me!

Here are some fun things I got:
-Pottery Barn Kids Farm Play Mat
-Swaddling blankets
-Changing pad and cover
-Bath towels, wash cloths and soap
-Vaseline to prevent "turtle" from sticking to the diaper...I really am in fear of this one!
--"Turtle" is what our OB called "it" when she told us Jacob was a boy.
-Baby on board signs
-And a breast pump

I think thats it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments: