Saturday, June 6, 2009

NEW CAR!

We bought a new car today!!! YEAH! I am so glad the old car is gone. It was about to break down at any minute...at least thats what it felt like.

I think with this car we won't wait until 124000 miles to get a new one! (Yet another lesson learned)

Well, we bought a new car today but we don't get the car until Tuesday or so. It just got "born" and its being delivered to me. So, I will post a picture when we get it!

We ended up with a Honda Civic. I have been wanting to go back to a small car and when we drove it, the car was so nice and perfect. Good gas mileage, great reliability and awesome resale value! How could we go wrong??? We could even shove a couple kids back there if we wanted to ;)

But I did realize one thing today...I HATE CAR DEALERSHIPS! I'm not sure who likes them but if you do, you are crazy and I will pay you to buy my next car! It was the worst experience! I felt like I got a good deal at one moment but then I realized that no deal is a good deal and they will always get the better deal. So, who knows if it was good, I'm hoping it was but I'm guessing it probably wasn't. :( I really don't see the need in haggling...it wasted so much of my time today...I should have charged them. Now that I think of it, I'm sending them a bill first thing monday for wasting my time ;)

1 comment:

jp3k said...

here was my approach: do your homework to know exactly what you want and what you think it is worth. go to the dealership with one number in mind. test drive the one you want. say you want it. tell them your number. they'll meet it or you walk. (you'll always have another chance to spend your money.) I may have gotten ripped off but it didn't feel like it. I didn't budge.