Thursday, June 4, 2009

They come in threes

So, everything seems to happen in three's. Why is that? When something breaks, everything else breaks. Its like they had a pack to do it at the same time.

Its been a pretty crazy week for me and dan. Dan started a new rotation and he has to be at work at 4:30AM! And I have been handling all the breaks around the house!

First, our oven stopped working. The stove top still worked so we were able to cook but its odd not having an oven. I have come to realize that we use the oven more then I thought. So, yesterday we bought a new oven and it gets here next Wednesday. (The oven repair guy wanted $420 to fix an 11 year old oven...I'm no genius but I didn't think that was a very good deal!)

Second, my car decided to start shaking violently and the "service engine soon" light came on. I learned from past experience that getting this checked as soon as possible is the best thing to do. (Side bar: In my "younger" days, I ignored it thinking it was just a suggestion. I quickly realized it wasn't. As I was driving down the highway at 70 MPH one day on my way to dallas to visit some friends, my car just died...yeah is was weird...everything just stopped and the car just kept rolling until it stopped. And I the learned/realized that alternators are really important to a car...and VERY expensive!) Anywho, I took the car in and they did a "test" and found that NOTHING was wrong. The service engine soon light "code" was something about a #2 misfire...whatever. So they tried to get me to "flush the fuel stuff" (as you can see I'm great with cars) but I remembered some "dateline like" show in the past warning of dealers trying to add cost with this fuel flush stuff. So I passed and its been working just fine since...knock on wood! We are in the process of looking for a new car...wish us luck. And if you want to donate a car, we are willing to take almost anything that works :)

Lastly, our tub is "special" and has to be repaired every year it seems. Its an "easy" fix and it is really cheap. But it just sucks that it always breaks. AND its something we can do ourselves. So, after buying the parts it will only cost us about 5 bucks to fix it. That is MUCH cheaper then the oven and even just fixing the car. Not to mention buying a car.

Alright, so I might be complaining/venting. But its been a stressful week...or do I dare say "Its been a busy week"????

Side note about the car: Dan and I went to test drive a car yesterday. The car didn't "speak" to me so we were going to test out some other cars. I was trying to leave and the dude was still trying to sale us a car. $500 above "invoice" is what he offered. But what is invoice? I hear the "trusty" sales guys fib about "invoice". Anyways, if you have any advice on how to get the best deal on a car...I'm all ears. I did learn today that you shouldn't tell them you have a trade-in until after the sale...oops...I messed up at my first attempt!

Taggie Update: I think with all the stress around the house last night his tummy got upset. He woke me up at 2:12 this morning with the "booty bump". He went outside and he ate some grass. He seems to be back to normal today. So all is good with the Taggie! As for the "booty bump", Taggie is very good at this technique. He will get into bed, between me and the edge of the bed and constantly reposition himself. As he does it, he bumps me and its his booty that is usually touching me so thats where it got its name, booty bump. I think he is wanting me to get up to let him out but most of the time he doesn't get out of bed after me. So, I'm thinking he just wants my warm spot! This morning though, I think he just needed to go outside because he doesn't normally join me until my alarm clock goes off...that I know of!

Random: We don't have much grass in our yard for Tag to eat when he does need it so I looked online and Petco sales this thing where you can grow grass. I'm going to try and get it this weekend. He won't have to wake me up in the middle of the night for some grass...he can just help himself!! We will see if he likes it.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I'm so glad the blog is back up and running! I've missed it. That is so exciting about the new Civic. I am a big fan of Honda. I've had a Honda Civic and a Honda Accord and I NEVER have problems. Good choice. :)