Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Little Inspiration!

Dan and I had a nice three day weekend together with NO SCHOOL to worry about. It was very nice to enjoy each other. We also spent some time with my side of the family.

On Friday, we went to my Mom and Dad's house for lunch. My brother was in town from DC and it was really nice to see him! I didn't think I would ever miss my brother but I do. He is so far away but he will be back in the area soon :)

On Saturday, my Dad's side of the family had a family reunion. We mingled with the family. Then we played cards and dominos. We had a good time. The best part of the reunion was the auction...and this is where my inspiration came from!

This was the first time I brought anything for the auction. (There is a silent auction every reunion to raise money for the next reunion. Most items in the auction are handmade.) I brought some pottery, a cheese ball cover and a casserole dish. I was a little nervous that no one would want my stuff. I even told Dan "If someone bids a dollar, I'll bid two dollars and take it back home with me." Well, I was very wrong. A couple people wanted my stuff and they were willing to pay (what I consider) a high price! The cheese ball cover went for $40 and the casserole went for $35. WOW! I am very thankful to them because I needed that little bit of inspiration. They made me realize "Maybe I am pretty good!" So, I think I am going to open a shop on etsy.com and start trying to sale my pottery. I'll keep you posted and let you know when I open the shop :)

Here is the casserole and I unfortunately never took a picture of the cheese ball cover :(

Taggie Update:
We were up VERY late last night! Taggie DOES NOT like fireworks. July 4th and New Years are his worst days of the year. While we were getting ready for bed he was right by our side in the bathroom! We got in bed and he shivered and panted until about midnight last night between me and dan. All the petting and comforting in the world couldn't calm him down. Poor Taggie! Then about 1 am there was a HORRIBLE storm...WOW was it loud. We were up again with Tag. (We found him hiding in the closet) We all survived the night! Thank goodness :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: