Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fish & Veggies and Razorbacks

Last night me and Dan made a yummy dinner to eat while the Hogs were playing.  One of the perks of living outside of Arkansas is that we can watch the Razorback games live online!

Here are a few pictures of our yummy Fish and Veggies dinner:

Before being cooked.
Another angle before being cooked
All wrapped up and ready to be cooked (One serving)
Cooked and ready to be enjoyed!

This is a little dinner I came up with.  The reason it was created is because I felt we needed something healthy and more veggies.  We just love it.

If you're interested in some kinda recipe, here is what I put in it:

Fish and Veggie

-One chopped red pepper
-One chopped bell pepper
-Two finely chopped red new potatoes
-Carrots chopped up (I'm not sure exactly how many I use, I just add whatever looks rights...sorry not the best measurement for a recipe)

Mix the veggies with olive oil, salt and fresh cracked pepper to your liking.  Place the veggies on wax paper.  This makes enough for two servings so split the veggies between two pieces of wax paper.  I cook each serving separately.

-Tilapia (we just buy the frozen bag from Wal-mart)
-Thinly sliced lemon
-Lemon juice (optional)

Thaw the fish, place them over the veggies.  I season/sprinkle the fish with salt, pepper, dry parsley, red pepper for a little spice and onion powder.  Drizzle in olive oil.  Then place the lemon slices over the fish.  I like to also squeeze some lemon juice over the whole thing before I close it up.

Place a piece of wax paper over each of the servings and join them together.  This part is a little tricky.  I start at one corner and twist the wax paper pieces together as I go around and then I end up back where I started.  Be careful because the paper tears very easily.  You maybe could use foil instead of wax paper but I have not tried that yet.

Cook for about 40 minutes at 350.  This length of time is mainly for the veggies to get good and cooked.  Since the fish is all wrapped up it has never been dry for us.  Again, I am not a chef or a recipe writer, we just love this dinner so I wanted to share :)

If you have any questions just send me an email or leave a comment.  I hope you like it :)

Go Hogs!!!
Jessica

1 comment:

lavatea said...

Looks good! We're huge fish lovers in our house. I like to buy the steelhead trout and cook it in my grill pan. I need to try your recipe, too!