Friday, January 2, 2009

Never Buy A Women's Health Magizine...EVER

So, I made a promise to Women's Health to tell all my friends and family about my horrible experence with their company. I just want to make sure I follow through with my promise!

Here I go....

In July of 2008, I signed up for a free offer with Women's Health. This free offer included one magizine and some 10 page (crappy) workout booklets. One of the main reasons I signed up for the "free" stuff was because there were no obligations and no action required on my part. Well, I guess I was REALLY wrong! And I learned a couple VERY valuable lessons: NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE, there is ALWAYS ACTION REQUIRED and no obligation means YES, YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION! (I will say, I'm glad I learned these lessons at a young age!)

So, I got a letter in the mail recently stating that I was being referred to a credit agency and if I did not pay for the subscription, a collection agency will be contacting me. I was like "WHAT????". I have a wonderful husband and he found this letter and paid for the subscription so I wouldn't have the collection agency calling me.

If this is their tactic getting new subscribers by scaring them and threating them with the word "credit"....what a HORRIBLE business model.

Well, I made another promise to Women's Health in the email I sent to their customer service: "After this subscription is complete, I will NEVER IN MY LIFE touch anything associated with Women's Health." You should do the same unless you want them to ruin your life!

As a warning, if you ever see a Womens Health magizine and it says free...It really means, if you don't sign up for a subscription we are going to ruin your credit and turn you over to a collection agency!!!! Just beware!

No comments: