Sunday, December 7, 2008

Art by J Parrish

So, my journey in art began about 2 years ago at the Arkansas Art Center with a Watercolor class. Right now I am in a wheel throwing pottery class. Here is a little taste of my pottery with a Taggie bowl. (I try to incorporate Tag in all my art and Taggie is starting to become a wonderful model! Check out the way he is working the camera!!!)
Lets start from the beginning of my journey...

I would like to give a HUGE thanks to Cara for getting me started at the Art Center...Our boys were busy with school and we were looking for something to keep us busy. Cara took pottery while I took watercolor in the next room. And since then I just keep going back each semester to learn something new :)

So, I started out with a watercolor class because it fit into my workout schedule and I thought painting would be fun. I was told that watercolor was supposedly "the hardest to learn". Well, its wasn't to hard and it turned out to be a ton of fun! Here are a couple of my paintings:
This is my very first still life.
Here is my first running water...this picture doesn't do justice....looks much better in person. (In my opinion...also, this is one of my favs!)
This one of the bird seems to be the favorite of all my friends. They think it's neat they way I did the birds nest.This one is Dan's favorite. Not sure why...I personally don't think its my best...but I'm my own worst critic.And this one is my first landscape...not the best but I figured all the deer hunters out there would like it :)Well, I think thats enough for now. I'll put my pottery up next. There is a TON of that! I really like pottery...and I think I enjoy it more then painting. I like painting, don't get me wrong, but pottery seems to hit the spot!

I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve and I really hope they pan out! My class starts back January 5th...One of my first goals is a chip and dip bowl :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it. I would love for you to post your art. Tag is such a good model! :)